Build a frame for your website and add a footer to the navigation and the header. Include legal information, such as the legal notice or the data protection regulations and add the Social Media accounts of your company or event.
To insert the "Footer" widget in your structure, drag and drop it from the left column into the column on the right. Then move the cursor over this newly inserted widget and click on the edit pencil.
If you have set up a multilingual event website, please note that the language display from the "Navigation" widget does not correspond with the general language switcher of the tool. Therefore, when editing the widget, make sure that you store all desired content in the correct languages. Use the language assistant with this icon to help you and check via the language switcher in the upper right corner whether you have set up the content in all languages. You can find more detailed information this in this article.
The following settings can now be stored:
- By selecting the "Layout", you determine how the widget will be displayed on your website.
- If you activate the checkbox "Override background theme", you can individually adapt the background colour defined by default in the website settings for this widget. The best way to do this is to define the colour of the widget using the HEX code. The HEX code is not available to you? Then click in the field and enter the HSL values in the pop-up window.
- If you do not activate the "Overwrite background theme" check box, you have the option of selecting the "Contrast Theme" check box instead. The widget now adopts the colour value defined in the website settings by default.
Full width: Set whether the widget takes up the entire width of the website or whether it adapts to the content. We show you how to define the content width in this article.
- Logo: Add your logo either by using a file link or by using the file manager . We recommend that you use an .svg format.
- Links to Social Media: Use the dropdown on the left to add the desired icons. In the next step, you can add the link on the right hand side. The following Social Media platforms are available:
In layout 4 of the footer no Social Media links can be stored.
- In the "Footer links" section, you can add further links that should be displayed in the footer in addition to the Social Media icons (e.g. imprint, data protection, contact). First enter the title and in the second step the desired URL to which you want to redirect.
- The "Copyright text" field allows you to add further texts/descriptions. You have the option of displaying your text in bold or italics, using the bullet points, adding files or links or determining the size of the font.
In layout 3 of the footer no additional copyright text can be displayed.
For security reasons, some content can not be displayed in edit mode in the site builder. For example, externally embedded images are displayed as broken images and externally embedded fonts might not be displayed correctly. However, all content can be accessed and used via the preview button and the published website.
As soon as you have entered all adjustments, click on "Close".