The header widget allows you to individually determine which event information should be displayed. You are free to decide whether only the header image, additional text content or even buttons should be displayed.
To insert the "Header" widget into your structure, drag and drop it from the left column into the column on the right. Then move the cursor over this newly inserted widget and click on the edit pencil.
If you have set up a multilingual event website, please note that the language display from the "Navigation" widget does not correspond with the general language switcher of the tool. Therefore, when editing the widget, make sure that you store all desired content in the correct languages. Use the language assistant with this icon to help you and check via the language switcher in the upper right corner whether you have set up the content in all languages. You can find more detailed information this in this article.
The following settings can now be stored:
- In the "Layout" dropdown, you have the option of choosing between different forms of the header display. Here you can decide whether your content should be displayed on or next to the header image, or whether you would like to leave out this content.
- If you activate the checkbox "Override background theme", you can individually adapt the background colour defined by default in the website settings for this widget. The best way to do this is to define the colour of the widget using the HEX code. The HEX code is not available to you? Then click in the field and enter the HSL values in the pop-up window.
- If you do not activate the "Overwrite background theme" check box, you have the option of selecting the "Contrast Theme" check box instead. The widget now adopts the colour value defined in the website settings by default.
- Full width: set whether the widget takes up the entire width of the website or whether it adapts to the content. We show you how to define the content width in this article.
We recommend that you set the full width by activating the switch.
- Image: add your logo either by using a file link or by using the file manager .
We recommend that you use an .svg format. More information about recommended image sizes can be found in this article. If you don't want to include an image in your header, just leave the field empty.
- You can also add Buttons to your header such as "Add to calendar" (download a calendar entry) and "Registration" (takes the participant directly to the registration form) by activating the "Add buttons" button. You can adapt and overwrite the labelling individually.
The buttons can only be activated or deactivated together. It is not possible to use the buttons individually.
- Under "Event details" you have the option to determine which event information should be displayed in the header. Activate the toggle below the caption.
The following information can be displayed:
Description: You have stored this text in the Basic Setup in the Event Centre.
Event Date: The event date you entered in the Basic Setup is used.
Location Name: The Main Location you defined is displayed by name.
- If you would like to define the information displayed on the header yourself, simply select the "Free text" tab. The "Free text" allows you to define the title and the description yourself. Please note that you can also vary between different text sizes. To do this, choose between small, normal, large and huge in the dropdown menu.
- Use the alingment icons to define whether the event details are to be displayed on the left or on the right.
Save your adjustments by clicking the "Close" button.
For security reasons, some content can not be displayed in edit mode in the site builder. For example, externally embedded images are displayed as broken images and externally embedded fonts might not be displayed correctly. However, all content can be accessed and used via the preview button and the published website.
You would like to add your registration form? Then click on this article and learn more about the registration form widget.