You would like to interact with your participants during your virtual event and control the contributions? In this article we show you how to activate the Q&A chat features for evenito connect, how to use them and how to publish or withdraw chat histories as a moderator.
In this article
How do I activate the Q&A chat function for evenito connect?
To activate this function, first select the menu item "Virtual platform".
On the right-hand side, in the "Functions" section, you will be given several options to choose from - including the two Q&A chat functions. Activate the respective switch so that the chat/s are made available on the virtual platform.
Please note: The lobby Q&A and session Q&A chats can be activated independently of each other. A separate activation per programme item is not possible, however.
How do I use the Q&A chats?
On evenito connect you have the possibility to interact with your participants via chats. Besides the lobby and session chats there is also the Lobby-Q&A- and Session-Q&A-Chat.
To access the chats, click on the speech bubble icon at the bottom right:
The chats now open in the sidebar on the right-hand side of the screen. Depending on where you are at the time, i.e. in the lobby or at a schedule item, the corresponding chat will open.
- The Lobby-Q&A-Chat will be displayed as soon as you enter the lobby.
- For every single programme point, the system will also automatically create a new Session-Q&A-Chat. This chat is displayed as soon as you click on the chat within a programme item.
- By clicking on the arrow in front of the chat name, you can also return to the chat overview. Here you will see the lobby chat (marked with the following symbol:) as well as the individual session chats (icon: ) are listed. Click on the chat you want to join the conversation.
If, in addition to the Q&A chats, the lobby chat or session chat are also activated, the individual chats will be displayed as follows:
If you are in the lobby (or if "only" the chats for the lobby have been activated), the lobby chat is displayed in the "Chat" tab, while the Lobby-Q&A-Chat can be accessed in the "Q&A" tab.
The same applies to the chats for the individual programme items. For each schedule item, a separate chat window is created in the "Chat" tab. Session Chat and/or under "Q&A" a own session-Q&A chat provided.
To communicate in a chat, do the following:
As a moderator
- For example, to write a welcome message to all participants at the beginning, click in the text field at the bottom of the page, enter your text and confirm your entry with the Enter key. At the moment, this message can only be viewed by you and possible other co-moderators.
Do you want to make the message visible to all participants? Then proceed as described in this section.
- If you want to reply to a message received from a participant, simply click in the text field ("Add answer") below the question, enter your message and send it using the Enter key. Your response will then be highlighted directly below the participant's question. The conversation between this participant and you can now be continued and is only visible to both of you.
You think that this input or question is also interesting for other participants? Then proceed as described in this section.
As a participant.
To write a message to the moderation team or speakers, click in the text box at the bottom of the page. Then enter your text and confirm your entry by pressing the Enter key.
As soon as a moderator replies to your message, it will be highlighted in colour under your question. You now have the opportunity to continue the conversation.
The conversation takes place only between you and the moderator. However, it is possible that the moderator will also find your question/input interesting for the other participants and therefore publish the message. You can recognise this by the fact that the message has been marked "Published" in the top left-hand corner.
As a moderator, how can I publish or withdraw chat posts?
If you want to make a message visible to all participants, click on the 3 dots on the right in the desired message and select the "Publish question" option that opens.
The message is now tagged "Published" and can be viewed by all participants and organisers.
You also have the option of retracting a message that has already been published. To do so, click again on the 3 dots in the desired message and select the option "Unpublish question".