You have already set up your website visually and in terms of content, but now you want to define which image and which text should be displayed when you share the URL of your website (e.g. on LinkedIn). Furthermore, you would like to evaluate the movements on your event website and use trackers (e.g. Google Analytics). Proceed as described in this article.
Define thumbnail and add text
To add the appropriate content, first click on the cogwheel in the upper right corner of your website template to get to the website settings. In the next step, select the "SEO and Tracker" tab.
On the left side in the section "SEO" you have the possibility to add the following content:
- Image: thumbnail, which should be displayed in your shared post
- Name: for example the name of the event
Then click on "Save & Close" to apply the settings.
If you now share your URL to the event website on LinkedIn, for example, the content you defined will be displayed.
Would you like to track the movements on your event website? On the right side in the tab "SEO and Tracker" in the section "Tracking Code" you have three options to host the tracker codes:
- Code Header
- Code Body
- Code Footer
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open your favorite tracking tool (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Find the tracking code you want to insert into the website and copy it.
- Go to the website settings in evenito, open the tab "SEO and Trackers" and paste the copied code in the desired place.
- Click on "Save & close" and publish the website again.
- Now visit the event website and check in your tracking tool if the tracker is working.
In addition to storing trackers, it is also possible to store other free codes. Another example of use would be the integration of your own cookie manager.
Due to its flexibility and wide range of uses, we ask that you use this feature wisely and only use codes from verified sources.
If the website is not displayed correctly after publishing, all content in the tracking code must first be deleted. Afterwards, a further analysis can take place.